VISION & MISSION
Established in 2021, History has been one of the important disciplines taught in the college. The department of history of the college has been in the vanguard in promoting critical historical studies. Each year, a number of students from the department are admitted to postgraduate and research courses in various central and state universities. Far from being content with the laurels won in the past, the faculty of the department has constantly been in search of novel ways and means to serve the interests of the students as well as the society at large.
The department seeks to educate students in the complexities of historical inquiry, to develop their critical thinking skills, and to improve their understanding of the world around them.
- BA History
The courses are designed in compliance with the requisites of the UGC and the kannur University. The programmes aim to facilitate the wholesome development of the students. It also seeks to equip them to take on the challenges of future with confidence. In keeping with the vision of the college, the aim is to provide quality education to youth from all sections of society, especially the deprived and disadvantaged, and to mould them into responsible citizens capable of serving the nation. The courses also expected that the students will acquire the ability to recognize and articulate the diversity of human experience, including ethnicity, race, language, sex, gender, as well as political, economic, social, and cultural structures over time and space. They will demonstrate thinking skill by analysing, synthesising and evaluating historical information from multiple sources.
All the courses offered by the Department mandatorily include course objectives as part of the introduction. At the very outset of each semester, the teachers discuss and familiarize the students with the course structure of their respective courses. Copies of the entire syllabi are also kept in the individual Department staff rooms for the student’s reference.
On the successful completion of any graduate programme, a student is expected to achieve the following attributes:
- Students will demonstrate in discussion and written work their understanding of different peoples and cultures in past environments and of how those cultures changed over the course of the centuries.
- Students will acquire the ability to recognize and articulate the diversity of human experience, including ethnicity, race, language, gender, as well as political, economic, social, and cultural structures over time and space.
- Students will produce their own historical analysis of documents and develop the ability to think critically and historically when discussing the past.
- Students will acquire the ability to identify and properly evaluate historical sources
- Students will acquire knowledge about different streams of historical writings in both Indian History and World History and will apply it in their analysis of historical sources.
- Core Courses
- Complementary Courses
1. Introductory Economics I
2. Introductory Economics II
3. Tourism I
4. Tourism II
List of faculties
- Sajith KV
Head of the Department
MA Economics, MPhil, 11 years Experience
- Vidhyadharan KV
MA History, 5 years Experience
- History Club
- Coin Collection
- Historical events
- Preparing Local history
- Collection of Ancient sites
- Conducting Seminar & Debates
- Verified the urban centers of the past
- Study Tour